Daintree on a Budget
Experience the oldest living Rainforest on the planet! Visit a tropical paradise on this Daintree on a Budget Tour. You will travel through 95 km of magnificent coastal rainforest. Visit beautiful tropical beaches. Stretching from Mossman to the Bloomfield River. All within two and a half hours from Cairns.
THIS TOUR REQUIRES A MINIMUM OF 6 GUESTS TO OPERATE, PLEASE CALL TO CONFIRM
Explore the Oldest Living Rainforest in the World!
You will journey from Cairns to Cape Tribulation. Follow the headland of the Daintree National Park. Where two UNESCO world heritage listed areas meet. The Daintree Rainforest and Australia’s Great Barrier Reef.
First, you will travel along one of the most scenic coastal roads in Australia. The world-famous Great Barrier Reef Drive. Explore Wildlife Habitat in Port Douglas. You will join a guided tour and see the endangered cassowary and other wildlife. Enjoy the opportunity to have your photo taken holding a koala, snake or crocodile (extra cost).
We then continue north heading to the Daintree River. Spot crocodiles and other wildlife on the Daintree River Cruise. Enjoy a picnic lunch in a picturesque setting. Wander along the Dubuji Rainforest boardwalk. Time to relax and stroll along Cape Tribulation Beach.
To read more about the Daintree and view other excellent Daintree Rainforest tours, click HERE!
- 06:45 – Bus transfers commence from Cairns City accommodation
- 0845 – Arrive at The Wildlife Habitat (Port Douglas)
- 1100 – Cross Daintree River on cable-driven ferry
- 1215 – Cape Trib Beach House for a Tropical Lunch
- 1315 – Cape Tribulation Beach and Rainforest boardwalk
- 1535 – Alexandra Lookout
- 1600 – Depart north side of Daintree River Cruise
- 1700 –¬† Depart south side of Daintree River Cruise
- 1800 – Arrive Port Douglas Accommodation
- 1900 – Arrive back to Cairns
- Please note times are approx only
- Pickup and Return to Cairns Accommodation
- Scenic Coastal Drive
- Wildlife Habitat
- Cape Tribulation Beach
- Rainforest Walk
- Alexandra Lookout
- Daintree River Cruise
- Qualified, knowledgeable and experienced Driver Guides
- All National Park Fees and Levies
What to bring
- Insect repellent
- Water Resistant 15+ sunscreen
- Walking shoes
- Swimming costume
- Towel, snacks, and money for drinks & meals
- Children under 16 years of age are not permitted to travel unless accompanied by an adult