DAY 1 – Waterfalls & Rainforest
Get back to nature…Explore the stunning scenery while bushwalking through ancient rainforest, swimming in pristine waterfalls and crater lakes.
Experience the famous Millaa Millaa Falls along with a jungle trek viewing the raging Dinner Falls and World Heritage listed Mount Hypipamee National Park.
Your local guide will help you spot a variety of rare wildlife such as the tree kangaroo that is native to the Tablelands.
Towards the end of the day we will take you to our award winning “On The Wallaby Lodge“, which is aiming to become world’s greenest hostel!
Take a slow evening stroll around the heritage village of Yungaburra and stop at the specially constructed viewing platform for some platypus spotting before your delicious BBQ dinner.
Sit back and make yourself at home, whilst discussing the day around the fire pit.
*Not a big fan of mountain bike riding? Ask us about our other package options.
DAY 2 Wildlife Canoeing – Mountain Bikes
After a self-serve breakfast you will be treated to a guided mountain bike ride through the lush, green Atherton Tablelands countryside and a rainforest walk for a at the volcanic crater, Lake Eacham.
In the afternoon explore a secluded area of Lake Tinaroo with a guided canoeing tour spotting rare wildlife such as tree kangaroos, birds and water dragons.
At the end of the day you will return to Yungaburra for a hot shower, a cup of tea or coffee before returning to Cairns at approximately 7.00pm.
Inclusions & Itinerary
- Pick-up and return transfers to Cairns Accommodation only.
- 1 night Share accommodation at On the Wallaby Lodge (World’s Greenest Hostel)
- All Park Fees Lunch at Lake Eacham (day 1 only)
- Tea and Coffee
- Tropical Fruits
- BBQ Dinner (day 1 only)
- Self serve Breakfast (day 2 only)
- Canoeing at Lake Tinaroo
- Face Painting with Aboriginal ochre clay
- Canoe hire and life jackets
- Guided mountain biking tour
- We judge each group on ability as we go, we stop to talk about the area/wildlife and there is time to take photos.
Itinerary Day 1
- Pick-ups commence from Cairns (not available from Northern Beaches, Palm Cove or Port Douglas)
- Stop Gordonvale for snacks
- Heales lookout
- Cathedral Fig tree (rainforest talk and animal spotting)
- Lake Barrine
- Break Lake Eacham National Park for Lunch and a swim
- Millaa Millaa for photo’s and swim
- Lookout on top off Millaa Millaa
- Mt Hypipamee to visit the crater and Dinner falls
- Fresh fruit and depart for wallaby lodge
- In the late afternoon we arrive at the wallaby lodge for tea/coffee and biscuits
- Platypus spotting
- Dinner (BBQ sausage/steak mash potato, coleslaw and tossed salad)
- Depart for night Canoeing adventure (Extra Charge)
- Return from Night Canoe – SLEEP (accommodation is Dormitory Style)
Itinerary Day 2
- Breakfast (Cereal, toast , tea and Coffee)
- Depart for Curtain fig tree walk and talk
- A 15 km bike ride. We judge each group on ability as we go.
- Lake Eacham for a swim
- Ride back to roadhouse for lunch. (Own expense for day two)
- Back to the lodge for water, sun cream and collect life jackets
- The afternoon Canoe trip
- Return to lodge
- Return to Cairns
Pickups for this tour are not available from Northern Beaches, Palm Cove or Port Douglas