Kuranda Scenic Train – Skyrail Experience
Cairns scenic train and skyrail journey to Kuranda is an adventure of breathtaking Australian rainforest and incredible views. Just 25km northwest of Cairns in tropical Far North Queensland (1180ft above sea level) and surrounded by world heritage rainforest is this picturesque mountain village retreat.
Combining the Scenic Train journey with the world famous Skyrail Rainforest Cableway is a great way to experience this World Heritage listed tropical rainforest and Kuranda.
During the 90 minutes journey, will learn about the pioneering history of the tropical north as the Kuranda train will climbs over 40 small bridges and through many hand made tunnels as it winds its way from Cairns to Kuranda.
Whilst Kuranda Scenic Train gives visitors an amazing view of the rainforest at ground level, Skyrail Rainforest Cableway provides an extraordinary birds-eye-view of the rainforest as it soars silently only meters above the rainforest canopy.
You’ll glide just metres above the rainforest canopy before descending through the canopy layers and deep into the heart of the rainforest at Skyrail’s two mid-stations stops to enjoy a walk through the rainforest,
Kuranda is not complete without a visit to Rainforest Station. Set on 100 acres of World Heritage Rainforest this unique tourist attraction. You will experience the topical rainforest from a totally unique perspective. The Outback Restaurant is styled as a traditional Aussie Outback venue and is where you will enjoy your delicious BBQ Buffet Lunch.
This Tour is NOT AVAILABLE for Pickups from Northern Beaches Port Douglas and further
Kuranda Classic Inclusions
- Kuranda Scenic Railway
- Kuranda Village
- Rainforestation Nature Park
- Pamagirri Aboriginal Experience Army Duck Rainforest Tour
- Koala & Wildlife Park
- BBQ Buffet Lunch
- Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
- Return Transfers to and from Cairns City Accommodation
Kuranda Classic Itinerary
- 7.30am (approx) Pickup from your Cairns City Accomodation
- 8:30am Travel Kuranda Scenic Railway.
- 10:30am Arrive Kuranda Railway Station.
- 11:45am Please be at the bus stop outside the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary to transfer to Rainforestation Nature Park.
- BBQ Lunch. Enjoy a delicious hot buffet and a wide selection of salads, cheeses and fruits.
- Army Duck Rainforest Tour with Tropical Fruit Orchard.
- Pamagirri Aboriginal Experience.
- learn to throw a boomerang and watch spear-throwing and didgeridoo playing.
- Koala & Wildlife Park.
- Join a guided tour, and see crocodiles, wombats, snakes, dingoes and a cassowary, and hand feed kangaroos and wallabies.
- You’ll have the opportunity to have your photo taken cuddling a holding a small crocodile (Optional extra)
- 3:45pm Transfer to Kuranda Skyrail Rainforest Cableway Terminal for 4pm boarding.
- 5.15pm Your coach will be at the Caravonica Skyrail Terminal to transfer you to your accommodation.