Eco Lodge Atherton Tablelands
“A home for those who roam”. This is the perfect base to explore the beautiful lakes and waterfalls of the Atherton Tablelands. Make new friends by the fire pit – the perfect place to gather at the end of the day with a drink to share the stories of your adventures. Relax in our hammocks and create memories that will last a lifetime. You’ll never want to leave this Eco Lodge on the Atherton Tablelands – we will make you feel like part of our family! This cosy eco-lodge is designed to welcome travellers of all ages. From outdoor enthusiasts and mountain bikers to hikers and educational groups.
Explore the jungle and local village
Swim at the waterfalls and walk through the rainforest. Get active on our mountain bike tour* at the popular Atherton Forest Mountain Biking Park. Your ride will finish with a swim at a local swimming hole or at the beautiful Lake Eacham.
Enjoy a paddle under the stars and through the rainforest at Lake Tinaroo. Australia’s one and only night canoeing tour with our expert guides. We will take you spotlighting for Aussie wildlife straight from the Eco Lodge Atherton Tablelands.
Take a slow evening stroll around the heritage village of Yungaburra. Visit the specially constructed viewing platform for some platypus spotting before your delicious BBQ Dinner back at the Lodge.
Working towards our eco goals every day
We are very proud to be Eco-Certified and aim to one day be the world’s greenest lodge! Experience first-hand how careful design and practices can allow us to generate and store our own power. Eco Lodge Atherton Tablelands saves water with a variety of devices including a greywater system. Throughout the property, visitors will find a series of low-key interpretive opportunities. Learn through signage and interactive displays about the conservation and energy generating systems in use. We also encourage guests to pick fresh herbs from our edible gardens and to soak up the homely atmosphere.
- Free platypus spotting.
- Mountain biking tours.*Suits beginner to intermediate.
- Australia’s one and only night canoeing wildlife spotting tour.
- Aiming to be the world’s greenest hostel.
Eco Lodge Includes
- Dorm beds for low cost shared accommodation
- Double and twin rooms
- Site for tents and campervans
- Community kitchen
- A dining room and games area
- Outdoor undercover area for entertaining and educational workshops
- Communal campfire
- Outdoor pizza oven
- Laundry area
- Fresh rainwater drinking fountain
- Bike storage and hire
- A base for; Mountain Biking, Day/Night Wildlife Canoeing Tours, Night Walks and Hiking
Good to know
- Pet Friendly
- Reception Hours 08:00am – 12:00am & 04:00pm – 08:00pm
- If checking in to Eco Lodge Atherton Tablelands after hours please contact the hostel as that can be arranged.
- Continental Breakfast for a small charge.
- BBQ diner for a small charge.